Part of the Women Power Summit
As part of the Women Power Summit, we’re looking for driven female founders with tech-enabled startups to compete and take home the first prize.
Power Pitch is an opportunity for female founders to network with investors, refine their pitches with experts, and get instant feedback on how to grow their Startups in Bahrain and across the region.
Time and Place
Location: Isa Cultural Hall
Date: May 6th and 7th, 2018
|Sunday||11pm to 4pm|
|Monday||11pm to 4:30pm|
- Idea/Seed Stage
- Technology enabled – i.e. Tech Startup
- Clearly outlined target customer & value proposition
- Viable business model
- Solid market opportunity
- Female led – i.e. at least 50% of founders should be female
The Application Process
The application process is 2 parts. First, complete the online application form, make sure that you fill in every section. Applications with missing parts will be excluded. Selected applicants will be notified via email no later than Friday May 4th of their acceptance.
Second, submit your Pitch Deck. The pitch deck should also be complete. Check resource section for a guideline on what to include. Selected applicants that fail to bring along pitch deck will be excluded.
Day 1 Boot camp Agenda
10.30am – Registration
11am – 11.30am – The Power of the Pitch: Meet your mentors and learn the ‘do’s and ‘don’t’s of pitching
11.30am – 12.30pm – 1:1 coaching: Ask the experts
12.30pm – 2pm – Lunch & networking break
2pm – 3pm – Refine your Slides: Time to work on your deck
3pm – 4pm – Get your pitch on! Practice makes perfect.
Day 2 Pitch Competition
2:00pm – 2:15pm Opening speeches and introduction
2:15pm – 3:15 Pitching rounds
3:15pm – 3:30 Tally Results + Stall audience (trivia, giveaways, performance… etc.)
3:30pm – 3:45pm Announce winners, pictures
Power Pitch Deck Requirement
See resource section for a template you can use.
- The Problem (Business Opportunity)
- Targeted Customer Segments
- The Solution – Your Product
- Market Strategy – How do you plan on gaining market traction?
- Competition: Current & Future
- Revenue/Business Model
- The Project Team – Brief Background
Pitch Judging Criteria
During Day 1, you’ll be given the opportunity to further improve on your pitch. On Day 2, you’ll have to deliver your pitch in front of a panel of judges. Your pitch must not exceed 5 minutes and will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Clear description of the value proposition of the business, and the unique solution you’re bringing to a problem in the market.
- Understanding of competitive landscape, and the size of the market opportunity.
- Solid outline of business model, and clear strategies to monetize the product.
- A clear growth strategy, and how you plan to scale the product/service.
- Introduction of the team, the unique competencies the members bring to the startup
Make sure that you fill it in one sitting. Please refer to the resource section in case you would like to check an offline version of the application